Tuesday 14 October 2008

Let the work commence

This is it. The nights are drawing in quick! It was dark before 6pm tonight up here in cloud towers! This calls for desperate measures. Well the last week has been rather intersting. The old Alfa trying my patience, until now. I've decided the GTV is going to be sold, and replaced by a nice MX-5 or some description. The Monster, well Her Holyness was nearly next on the list to go, but after an evening of trawling through the internet and finding some places to do the work, it's looking like 'Winter Project 2' is going to be underway this weekend.

First job will be to strip out the clutch pressure plate (start nice and easy) and the clutch slave cylinder. Whilst doing that, I'll be having a glance round to see if there are any other jobs to keep me occupied, well I know one, sorting out the rev counter!

Then during the next three to four months, the work will start. The '93 original Monster will be stripped down, cleaned, fettled, cleaned, lubed and put back together, hopefully pass it's MOT and back on the road intime for the 'summer'. I'll keep the world (well my little world anyway) upto date with the progress of this project, but bearing in mind Project Number 1 is still sitting in my garage and untouched for the past 3 years!

Maybe I could two at once......

No comments: