Thursday 28 April 2011

The Royal Wedding and what to do instead....

I've just been sitting here at my desk pondering the question. Tomorrow will be bad, not a lot happening apart from some bloke marrying some woman in a big church somewhere. No doubt lots of other people will be getting married tomorrow, and I haven't been invited to any of them.

So, Mr Grumpy here is deciding what to do to try and avoid this over hyped event.

Back on the 5th September 1997, at about 10pm I decided to get out on the old Ninja. 8 hours later, a fair few miles done, mostly riding round the M25, I was tired and had a big grin on my face before disappearing off to sleep for the day.

Now, do I decide to be daft and watch the thing on TV? No, can't be bothered. William has not invited the Ducatisti to do a ride past so I'm not going to watch it on the TV.

Go out on the bike. Suppose I could, but the weather is not looking 100% for tomorrow.

Service the bike. Good plan, and I can get some tinkering in before Auto Italia Day at Brooklands.

Do some paperwork. Nah.... That can wait!

So, tomorrow looks like a day of servicing the Monster. Oil, plugs and cleaning stuff has been purchased. I've bought a carbon fibre tea tray off of fleabay, but I'm sure the post office will not be running a delivery service tomorrow.

No comments: