Tuesday 19 April 2011

Pondering time

It's late in the evening and time for a ponder before I watch another couple of The Professionals episodes.

Today would have been the old mans 77th birthday. He died one day after his birthday, so all in all, it will be the one year anniversary tomorrow since he died. Yes I miss the silly old bugger. I miss his daft money making ideas, the next idea that will cost me some money, the silly chats on whilst we were out in the car / van somewhere, the cleaner from work, the moans about me spending too much time out on the bike / car / work / pub.

If he was still about today, he would be getting me to drive him down to the local Superfish to have his usual rock and chips, or he would just ask for the keys to the Jag (more than likely he would want me to drive him somewhere), just to get out and show off for a bit.

Finally, a virtual toast to the old man, happy birthday and what ever you are doing somewhere, don't come up with some hair brained idea, unless it is a good one and I can't think of any problems to ruin it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Won't forget him Dan. Was a gent to all who knew him. I'll raise a bottle on Thursday evening to you, your mum and your Dad. Cheers Dan.

Unknown said...

I think a cup of tea would be more in order.

TTFN matey

cecilia said...

TEA!!!