Sunday 17 April 2011

A nice little blast

They clear the cobwebs they do!

Today was spent riding the Monster and changing fuses due to a dodgy number plate light bulb! The joys of owning an L-Twin and watching the vibrations bounce the bulb out of it's fitting and then deciding to blow the fuse for the dash and indicators. I love my bike, I really do.

Well, that was until I got to On Yer Bike, Aylesbury. Now I have seen something rather interesting. A bike that could join the stable of the Monster and the Bandit (still in two boxes). A Kawasaki ZX6R.

Yes, I did own one back in 1997. I owned the green meanie for a year. It was my second Kwak, and I enjoyed it for the 15,000 miles I put on the bike. A couple of trips down to Poole, around Cornwall and lots of short blats to the coast and the hills. Come the end of the year, I know what I could be looking for. A 2007 or 2008 ZX6R. Insurance price is slightly better than it was back in 1997, £1000 TPFT for a 22 year old on a brand new sports bike! Quotes for todays Loon, 36 year old with 14+ years NCB, £105! It's still £40 more than the Monster though, but the tax is £21 cheaper!!

So, could this year be the return of the green meanie. Who knows, it is only April. Still a while to go yet!

No comments: