Tuesday 1 January 2013

2013, The New Beginning

Well, it is finally here. 2013. We've had 20 hours so far, and the sun has shone, and I've been out to meet some friends, that I only seem to see on New Years Day.

So, a list of resolutions for 2013. Sod that, who keeps them?? I just have a list of jobs to do, and get them done in the best way possible. Hopefully they will be completed without the aid of a bodge job here and there.

At the tail end of  2012, I managed to get organised. A new tool chest, some new tools and I made some space in the workshop. Work is currently under way on the old (now 20 years old) Ducati Monster, to hopefully rectify the escaping electricity. A new battery has been ordered, the starter solenoid and wiring has been checked. Lets hope the new battery cures this annoying problem!!


 Chaos in the workshop


Now onto the MINI One. Well, the top and bottom radiator hoses split on Saturday. The car is off the road, until tomorrow. The replacement hoses and clips were ordered on New Years Eve at my local BMW dealers and should arrive there after 12pm on Wednesday! Tomorrow will be filled with a bit of paperwork in the morning then some refitting of hoses and bleeding of the coolant system. Exciting eh??


A nice clean engine bay

2013 is starting well. It's looking organised at the moment. I've even started (yes, I've actually started) planning the restoring of a 14 year old Suzuki GSF600n. It hasn't moved under it's own steam since 2006, and has been stored under the stairs at work since then. I could end up with a classic Suzuki Bandit and a working classic Ducati M900. Now, that would be a good year if I get both working.

Off I go, back to reading the workshop manual for a Suzuki Bandit.

No comments: