Thursday 5 May 2011

Daftness and gadgets

After the Bank Holiday weekends fun I decided to go shopping.



The 'Tunnel Monsters' in London

A few fellow Ducati owners decided on a Tunnel Run, and apart from a bit of bad timing for the run, it was a good crack to get out, ride through some tunnels with 20 plus other Ducatis! It all finished up with (soft) drinks at a café in Soho.

So, back to my spending spree. As I used to dabble in a bit of photography, I decided, well, I decided years ago to buy one but just never got round to finally taking the plunge! I bought myself a Dogcam Bullet HD camera.



It's a teeny weeny thing, and fits nicely onto the Monsters trellis frame.







Armed on a mission this evening to catch up with a trailer at South Mimms truck stop, I decided tonight was a good night to try out the camera. Well, after a f**k up on my part as I couldn't remember if I turned it on so I ended up with 20 minutes of footage from a petrol station, whilst I was filling up the bike, 10 minutes of sitting at a roundabout whilst I was on the phone to a customer and 5 minutes of sitting in the truck stop.

Finally I worked out what I was doing and got 20 minutes of my ride back to the secret West London workshop!



Apart from a few problems, myself being the main one! The camera is good. Easy to use, quality is good, sound is ok as well bearing in mind my bike is a quiet thing! Now, as summer has near disappeared, the camera will no doubt not pop out much. Once I get the hang of the editing lark, all will be fine!!

No comments: